Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Volcanic Slut - "Blasphemaster" 7"


Vinyl Rites has been putting out a slew of good releases lately, first the Mauser 7" that I posted here, now this, the first offering from floridians Volcanic Slut. Upon getting this record, I was sure this was gonna be total Sodom worship, but for some reason I was hoping it would verge into Sarcofago-like brutality....but it doesn't. That is not to say that this doesn't rip, because it does. It is 3 songs of straight up thrash metal with some punk underpinnings, and c'mon, anything named after an early Sodom track has got to be good. This is still available from Vinyl Rites, along with the Mauser 7", both of which I highly suggest you get. And also, before this post is finished, I have got to say that's one of the best record sleeve photos I've seen in a while.

1 comment: