Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Pussy Galore - "Corpse Love - The First Year"


My freshman year of high school would have sucked if I hadn't had this album to get me through it. At that point in time (and at this point in time also), I was into stuff like Black Flag, Misfits, Sonic Youth, Sebadoh, Minor Threat, Fugazi, Descendents, etc....and Pussy Galore was like no band I had ever heard before. It was pissed like hardcore, yet noisy as Sonic Youth, with an utter sleaze and trash vibe that I just couldn't resist. Like being in a very sketchy, dark alley, while cars crashed and people screamed obscenities at you while they died. I fucking love this album, and just about every other subsequent P.G. albums. It is exactly what its name implies, tracks from the first year of P.G.'S existence, including the "Groovy Hate Fuck" and "Teen Pussy Power" ep's. Yeah, they hated Ian Mackaye, and yeah, this was Jon Spencer's first band, but fucking A this album rules. Hell, there's even some Rolling Stones covers on it for good measure. I used to think this album had a song on it for everyone to find offensive, check out "Cunt Tease" and "You Look Like A Jew" for proof. Why don't you get it now and find out for yourself?


No comments:

Post a Comment