Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Suicidal Tendencies - "S/T"


What can I say about this record that hasn't already been said in the 20+ years since it came out...Love 'em or hate 'em, S.T. was ALWAYS a force to be reckoned with. Before they started doing their crossover shit (and hey, I think that shit kills too...) there was this album....voted Worst Band AND Biggest Assholes in the '82 Flipside reader's poll, they still rocked the fuck out of the tracks on this album. Everyone at least knows "Institutionalized", the "hit" from this album...but what about "Memories Of Tomorrow" or the blatantly antagonistic "I Saw Your Mommy"? What about "I Shot The Devil"? Let me just tell you that EVERYONE should be familiar with the greatness that is this album.....break out your skateboards and your bandanas, it's time to get CYCO!!!

3 comments:

  1. Classic. I bought this one when it was new, (Still own the original vinyl on Frontier records.) To this day it's one of my favorite punk albums of all time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're fucking with me subliminally, Def a great album. I remember Rocking out with this on my state of the art walkman. I remember hearing institutionalized on 21 jump street too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh shit, 21 jump street....haven't thought of that shit in years...

    ReplyDelete