Wednesday, November 4, 2009

The Abnormalities

Now that halloween is over with, let's get back to some good ol' unheard southern punk rock, this time from Abingdon, VA's The Abnormalities. Between '97 and '99 I saw these dudes and played shows with them more than probably any other band ever. Musically they remind me of Negative Approach in a way, but maybe not as tough sounding. Sadly, I haven't heard from any of them, except bassist Josh in years upon years. My friend Mike found this cd and ripped it for me, but I have no cover scans or even song names for you. Some songs are tagged with what I'm pretty sure are the names but I could be wrong. If anyone out there has scans, tracklists, old pictures of this band, anything, or if you were in this band and stumble across this, get in touch with me, I'd love to hear from any of you guys. but for now, enjoy some lost and unheard southwest virginia punk rock!

The Abnormalities - "Worthless And Unimportant" CD (1998) (link fixed 11/15/09)

3 comments:

  1. Doug, seems like this one is corrupted... can only get first two songs.

    I used to love these guys. One of the dudes made me a sweet oi mixtape when I was 15. haha. it really was a great mix though!

    I also remember long conversations with Patrick Scardo about what it meant to be "living on the streets of VA" when supposedly you came from a wealthy family in Abingdon. I don't know if the silver spoon rumors were true but I wish more rich kids from the mountains would start bands like this.

    I think I have some Abnormalities tape hidden somewhere maybe one day it will see the light of the internet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. rich kids or not, they were an awesome fucking band and really nice guys, and yes, more kids from the mountains in general need to be starting bands like this. i re-downloaded it and i'll see whats up and re-up it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. and it is re-upped and should be cool now.

    ReplyDelete