Wednesday, June 22, 2011

The Malignmen - "Southgate Sessions" 7"


Here is the second 7" from Knoxville's own Malignmen (first one is here), released by themselves on Plague Records, and as I remember available only to members of their mailing list. I have no clue how many of these were pressed or anything. A reader of this blog in the early days of the Northeast Tennessee Punk and Metal Archives sent me this record, since my copy of it (originally bought through the mailing list) was long gone. It was recorded by the band with a "borrowed four track in their practice space" and according to them, "this record's got balls"...whether or not that's true is up to the listener. I like it, the songs "Villain" and "The Closest Encounter" being the standouts. Once again, not the best rip in the world, but I can't find this anywhere else online.

1 comment:

  1. Just went searching for a band I haven't seen in over a decade. Relally wanted ED Tradition and Things. Any chance you can or have hunted down their only full length, "The Filthy Malignmen"?

    ReplyDelete