Monday, August 24, 2009

Appalachian Lovecraftian Black Metal


So I have been wanting to post this since the beginning of Scummified, but I was just waiting for the right time.


You could say I've been waiting until the stars were aligned in the proper positions to unleash it.


This is Yog Sothoth, my black metal project. It is 5 tracks of H.P. Lovecraft inspired black metal. There is NO racist/sexist/homophobic/nationalistic views in Yog Sothoth. it is purely inspired by a love for the region that I live in, a love for the writings of H.P. Lovecraft and the mythos that he created and others have added to; and musically inspired by darkthrone, ulver, and goblin.


please check it out, and let me know what you think. it hasn't been given a proper tape/cd release yet, but I am working on that.


Uusally the rules for downloading are if you like it, buy it. If you like this and would like an actual copy of it, just let me know in the comments and we'll be in contact from there.


through fathomless aeons he sleeps, waiting to awaken:
http://www.mediafire.com/?nmfjgzmih12

4 comments:

  1. hey man just listened to this while taking the shower this morning. this is sweet! I remember some of the riffs from you w/ an acoustic guitar and i love that stuff but the goblin inspired stuff was espcially sweet.

    Definitely deserves a proper release. Maybe a mysterious LP that perhaps someone will randomly come across at the flea market 20 years from now and dream about the uberkult NE TN black metal scene?

    ReplyDelete
  2. exactly...but whos gonna release it on lp...?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, that´s is amuzing! I´ll hear this, for sure! i´m not sooooo black metal, i´m more into crust/d-beat and hardcore 6 grindnoise, but i like those olde black metal & death bands, and of course, i love all about H.P.L. mythos and dark stuff,i´m trying to form an doom/dense stoner metal band inspired in such stuff and also in arkane and magickal things, i also make some art, sometimes for some bands,well if you like check: www.flickr.com/photos/animalcore , there are all my stuff, and now, i´m downloading this,well, cool to see this stuff! Thanx and cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey animalcore, i just now saw this...i hope you liked the demo...let me know, and check out the other demo also!!

    ReplyDelete