Monday, June 14, 2010

Misfits - "Evilive"


Although I never got to see the original Misfits live (and i wouldn't be paid to see the new "misfits"), this cd proves what i had always read: The Misfits were a horrible live band. I mean, for sure, this cd rules, but the guitars keep going out of tune, the sound is shitty, etc. All in all, a perfect document of one of the best bands ever. This is Evilive, sloppy, raw, Danzig-fronted Misfits. if you know me, then you know I've pretty much based my whole life off of Glenn Danzig since I was about 13. And in all truth, isn't that cover one of the best, most instantly recognizable punk album covers ever? features Henry Rollins grunting and yelling over "We Are 138" and enough crowd baiting and shit talking to make anyone happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment