Friday, June 4, 2010

Mystifier - "The World Is So Good That Who Made It Doesn't Live Here"


Mystifier is my favorite of all South American bands, just barely edging out the classics like Sarcofago, Holocausto, old Sepultura, Necrofago, etc. This is their 3rd full length, from 1996, a more mid-tempo death/black metal affair. great riffs, great death metal vocals interspersed with some operatic style vocals, and some tasteful keyboard work make this an album to not pass on. This band is still going in some form or fashion, their last full length, 2001's "Profanus" is also good but a bit faster and not as engaging as this album is to me. The first song, "Give The Human Devil His Due" was featured on the soundtrack to Gummo. I could give a shit about Gummo. In fact, I'll state for the record that I have never ever liked that movie. If i wanna see how "white trash" people act, I'll just walk down my fucking street and not have to pay for it, but i digress.

Mystifier. they kill and you'll love it.

2 comments:

  1. Excellent, I've got some Mystifier in mu queue as well. Quality ugliness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I own a copy on CD- they should repress this on 180 Gram Vinyl. I'd so buy it.

    ReplyDelete